REMOTE PART-TIME PAID INTERNSHIP PROGRAM WITH THE CALLA LAB AT UC RIVERSIDE
Dates: September 26 to December 9, 2022
The CALLA lab, directed by Dr. Rachel Wu, is accepting applications from undergraduates for a remote, part-time paid internship program during the Fall quarter. This program is funded by an NSF REU grant. Interns will be encouraged to work on independent or group research projects focusing on adult learning, attention, and barriers to learning success. Interns also will participate in weekly meetings on career development, including training on applying to graduate school, writing a strong CV, grant writing, imposter syndrome, and research ethics.
After completing this internship, undergraduates will:
- Understand the difference between graduate programs, admissions, and expectations.
- Understand the experience of a graduate student through panels and interviews
- Learn how to create a strong application to a graduate program
- Understand research ethics
- Understand how to write a lot and write well
- Understand how to give good presentations
Eligibility and requirements
The start date for positions is September 26th, and positions will last for 10 weeks, potentially longer. There will be up to 6 positions, depending on candidate availability. Priority will be given to students who identify with a historically under-represented group. Participants cannot have already graduated by the time the program ends.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Full-time student
- At least 4 months of prior research experience with a strong endorsement from a PI
- Commit approximately 15-19 hours per week during the internship period
- Proficiency in writing and communicating in English
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Some background in psychology coursework
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
To apply for this paid internship, please use this form (please enter “NSF REU” under “Student ID number”): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-XsbkAe-GLQTnSA2vaBoTy2jdvEVpKL1ojgKLF6XuA3w6Lw/viewform
In addition, please fill out the official UCR application here: https://ucr.joinhandshake.com/emp/jobs/6419625
For any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is July 1, 2022.